Friday, October 22, 2010

Make It Pretty

This Sunday is the last regular singing time we'll have before we start practices for our program, which is on Nov. 14th.  I'm excited about what we're doing, so I thought I'd share it! 

I've gathered up a bunch of costume-y type makeup and accessories, and I'll begin by setting up my "vanity" area.  As I'm pulling out the royal blue eye shadow, the lime green eye pencil, the fire-engine red lipstick (you get the idea!), I'm going to explain what I do to get ready each day.  My goal is to feel pretty before I leave the house for the day.  So our goal in primary is to make our songs sound pretty before we sing them in the program.

I've asked the presidency for the entire 45 minutes, since we have 14 songs to go through.  The plan is to sing them in order, and have a couple of the teachers be judges  on how "pretty" we're singing.  If they agree that the song was good, one of the kids will get to come and pick something off of the table and make me over.  If the song needs work, I might put a little something on one lucky kid's face.  I don't know yet!  I should look pretty...well, pretty! by the time it's all over!

I will definitely be taking some makeup remover to get back to a normal state before SP comes in!  I think the kids will get a kick out of it and hopefully they'll sing their best.

I'm definitely ready to get this program out of the way - I'm really running out of great review ideas that will keep the kids from getting bored.  So I have a couple of questions that I would really LOVE responses to:

1.)  What do you do as a last ditch effort to keep things interesting before the program? 

2.)  I'm also looking for fun things to keep the kids engaged during our Sunday practices, especially since we'll be practicing on Halloween.  What can I do that's fun, but still allows us to focus on the program? 

HELP!


P.S. - I'll be sure to take pictures of my makeovers and post them on Sunday to let you know how it goes! Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...