Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference

I am starting this week edified, uplifted, and energized, thanks to 8 amazing hours of General Conference.  I don't know about you, but each time conference comes around I feel a great...need...to hear the words of our modern prophets.  I went into this conference very prayerfully, and seeking answers to some very difficult questions and struggles that I've been dealing with over the past few months, several of which are directly related to this calling.  I was not surprised to find that several of the talks given were written especially for me (sorry if you thought they were for you!), and that many of the answers that I was seeking were laid out before me.

I don't know why we each struggle with such specific trials.  I see other people that go through similar things and they don't effect them in at all the same way.  But as small or as large as my trials are, they are mine.  And I am trying really hard to be gracious, patient, and as contrite as I can be.  This calling, in and of itself, is the best calling I've had in the church.  The children and the music bring me unmeasurable joy.  On the other hand, the joy has been accompanied by sorrow, hurt, and anger that have all been hard to overcome. 

I know this is very personal, and I hope you can forgive me for sharing so transparently.  But the refiner's fire is real, and I'm sure is burning around each of us in one way or another.  My mom told me recently that in order to truly become like Christ we have to work throughout our trials.  Not just through them.  And that is what I'm trying to do, with a renewed conviction that there are lessons to be learned still, and the sooner I can get them figured out the sooner I can move on to bigger and better lessons!

I hope you all enjoyed conference.  Not only the break (didn't you love Sunday morning?!) but the messages that made a difference to you.  I have a strong and growing testimony of this gospel and of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Many times a day when I feel like I'm going to lose it the words of our primary songs will come into my head and my heart will be uplifted.  I am grateful for the opportity to share these sweet testimonies with our primary children and to feel of their spirit not only on Sunday's but whenever I see them throughout the week.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you.  I feel a sisterhood with all of you as we endeavor to do this calling, and I'm grateful for such a special association.

Have a great week!
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...