I love to play Jeopardy. Not the Alex Trebek version, I'm not that smart. At all. But I do love the primary version, and have fond memories of playing it when I was in primary! I thought about creating a full game to post here, since it's on the plan for the coming review months, but since everyone's songs are so different I opted to create only the category headings.
I only ever use 4 or 5 of the headings at once, that way I can change things up and it's a "new" game every time we play it.
Here is the PDF for Jeopardy Category Headings
Here are the categories and some examples of clues you can use:
- Emulate the Seer = Follow the Prophet
- Get Up for the Good = Stand for the Right
Actions Speak Louder
- Have wiggle songs listed that incorporate actions or movement, such as Fun to Do,
Do as I'm Doing, Once There Was a Snowman, etc.
- List songs with Sign Language
- Post fun ways to sing and have a child pick a favorite song or program song
Who's it About?
- He helped things to grow = Adam, sing "Follow the Prophet"
- Blessed to open the last dispensation = Joseph Smith, sing "Praise to the Man"
- They walked and walked and walked and walked = Pioneer children, sing "Pioneer Children Sang..."
Next Line, Please...
- In darkness or light = Be true, be true and stand for the right, sing "Stand for the Right"
- What did I see? = Popcorn popping on the apricot tree, sing "Popcorn Popping"
- I would have liked to walk with him = and listen to his words, sing "If I Listen With My Heart"
Fill in the Blank
- I will follow __________________ for me = God's Plan
- First, ______ in the Lord, Jesus Christ = faith, sing "4th Article of Faith"
- Wherever I go the _________ grows greener still = grass
Follow the Rhythm
- Use this one to clap the rhythm to songs you are working on, and they guess the song (like name that tune)
- Instead of written clues, put a picture from the Gospel Art kit or one page of a flip chart. Then have a child guess which song the picture represents.
- Ftahrse = Fathers
- Ym Hanyvele Fehtar Olsev Em = My Heavenly Father Loves Me
So there you go! Just a few ideas for you, that way you can focus on the songs YOU need to work on for review. This is a great program review, or even a substitute activity if you're organized.
Do you have a category that isn't listed here? Let me know and I'll try to create a header for you. Have fun!
Pin It Now!