Monday, September 20, 2010

Head, Shoulders, What, What, What?!

It sounds crazy, but I have a primary full of kids that DO NOT like to sing wiggle songs.  The first time I stood up and said, "Let's sing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," I thought their eyes were actually going to roll back into their heads.  I was shocked!  So I knew I would have to come up with some great new ways to sing a few familiar...er...favorites.  I found this awesome post by Divine Secrets of a Primary Chorister and immediately printed her activity cards for that song.  Then, after reading her ideas on HSK&T I came up with the inspiration for this little guy.

I just picked a few body parts, laminated them, and velcroed them to the poster board.  That way the kids can customize the way we sing it every time, and it won't get boring.  I unveiled the "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes Guy" the next week, and it was a hit!  It was the fifth Sunday so I had about 45 minutes, and this and Do As I'm Doing ate up a good chunk of it.  Let me tell you - it was a workout for the kids and they were actually panting after the last round!  So was I, which was lame.  Now every week they beg for me to bring him back!

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...